The Cost Study is a national longitudinal study that focuses on the academic program-level analysis of faculty instructional workloads and costs and provides an improved understanding of cost differences by academic program as well as cost trends and cost drivers.
Changes to the 2021 cycle
- Edits to Section C clarifying appropriate data sharing, and
- Additional information in Section E regarding login credentials.
- Data Dictionary – Confirm that you have reviewed and understand the new data dictionary [add link], including updated definitions and examples.
- Online Student Credit Hour (SCH) – Confirm that you have reviewed and understand the changes to the method of collection Online SCH [add link], including the addition of 4 new (optional) data fields.
- Missing -vs- Zero Values in Data Entry – Confirm that you have reviewed and understand the policy regarding missing vs. zero values in data entry [add link].
- New definition for Professional Degrees – Confirm that you have reviewed and understand the new definition for classifying Professional Degrees [add link]
Registration Now Open!
Registration for the 2021 cycle of The Cost Study is now open.
Early-bird pricing before October 15th.
2020 Norms Available
National norms are now available for the 2020 cycle of The Cost Study!
Please log into the web portal or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Resources for interpreting reports and tables