Decision Support & Resources
Links for UD Department Chairs
National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE)
The National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE) is a national data collection conducted annually by the Indiana University Center for Postsecondary Research. The benchmark study is directed at measuring the extent to which students are engaged with faculty, with each other, and with their studies in educationally effective activities. It examines the extent to which they read and write, make use of technology, and engage in a broad range of learning activities. NSSE’s guiding premise is that student participation in these activities at reasonable levels is a meaningful proxy for collegiate quality.
The NSSE reports include mean scores for each variable for freshman and senior respondents at the University of Delaware. The NSSE reports also provide results for comparison groups of institutions, with details available within each report.
- Presentation: Student Engagement at UD, February 19, 2018 PDF | VIDEO
- Infographic: 2017 High Impact Practices at UD
- Presentation: Student Engagement at UD, May 12, 2015
- Presentation: Engaging Minority Students: Different Patterns of Student Engagement and Impact on Student Success, December 2011
- George Kuh Presentation & Materials, September 2009