Supporting UD’s mission through knowledge and promoting informed decisions
Institutional Research and Effectiveness (IRE) is the primary source of accurate and reliable data, analysis, and research to facilitate decision making that impacts priorities for unit and institutional improvement. The office provides institutional leadership, innovation, and insight into critical trends and needs in higher education, resulting in metrics and applications of data for strategic and operational decision making.
IRE is guided by the following Core Principles:
- Data accuracy and integrity: ethical use (e.g. AIR’s Code of Ethics)
- Protection of privacy and confidentiality: awareness of PNPI, FERPA, and other appropriate release of protected/sensitive data.
- Impartial: non-biased, objective.
- Client-centered innovation: Continuously seeking better ways to serve institutional clients.
- Collaborative: We partner with colleagues to understand their goals and best meet their information needs.
- Client Service: Professional; approachable, provide guidance, educate.
- Support UD’s mission: monitor progress.
The office is comprised of three interdependent units.