How To Submit Data to the 2021 Cycle
Important Notes about your data submission:
- We will only accept submissions through the web portal.
- The 2021 Data Submission Deadline is January 31, 2022.
- You may input data on individual program data entry forms in the web portal or upload an Excel spreadsheet into the web portal.
- Remember to review each program’s data submission and Red Flag Report to check for errors before submitting your institution’s data.
- Please contact us with any questions at 302-831-7460 or email@example.com.
Data Submission Checklist – PLEASE READ BEFORE SUBMITTING DATA
Step 1. Register for the current study cycle
- Register for the current year
- Complete payment
- Receive username and password for the portal
Step 2. Log-in to the web portal and complete your profile
- Log-in and select current study year
- Update profile
- Add view-only users (optional)
Step 3. Add, manage, and delete academic programs
- Make sure department names and CIPs are current
Step 4. Gather your data and create an Excel file
- Review common mistakes in data definitions
- Create Excel data file (or gather data for manual submission)
- Clear all formatting from the Excel file (new for 2021 – column headings from the Excel template are allowed!)
Step 5. Upload or key in data for each program
- Click on “upload data” for multiple departments (or manually key-in data)
Step 6. Review data submission and Red Flag Report to check for errors and warnings
- Review Red Flag Report and address any errors or warnings
- Look at each program individually, review checkboxes and ensure data was correctly extracted and reported
- Leave a note explaining any red flags that can be ignored
Step 7. View preliminary results for each program
- Click review for submission at the bottom of each page
- Use the three-year-averages to ensure data is in appropriate range
- Review Direct Instructional Expense per Student Credit Hour chart
Step 8. Submit data and receive confirmation of data validation
- Submit data by January 31
- Data will be reviewed by Cost Study team
- Receive email that your data has been verified and is complete