How To Submit Data to the 2023 Cycle
Important Notes about your data submission:
- We will only accept submissions through the web portal.
- The 2023 Data Submission Deadline is January 31, 2024.
- You may input data on individual program data entry forms in the web portal or upload an Excel spreadsheet into the web portal.
- Remember to review each program’s data submission and Red Flag Report to check for errors before submitting your institution’s data.
- Please contact us with any questions at 302-831-7460 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Submission Checklist – PLEASE READ BEFORE SUBMITTING DATA
Click here for a detailed document on “How to Submit Data” (pdf)
Step 1. Register for the current study cycle
- Register for the current year
- Complete payment
- Receive username and password for the portal
Step 2. Log-in to the web portal
- Log-in and select current study year
- Add view-only users and/or request report viewers (optional)
Step 3. Add, manage, and delete academic programs
- Make sure program names and CIP codes are current
Step 4. Gather your data and create an Excel file
- Review common mistakes in data collection
- Create Excel data file (or gather data for manual submission)
- Clear all formatting from the Excel file, except where allowed
- Blank cells are only allowed in Column H, BS, and BT. See detailed document for more information.
- Format column C (CIP for program) as text to allow for trailing zeros in CIP codes.
- New for 2023! College/school variable (optional)
Step 5. Upload or manually enter data for each program
- Click on “upload data” for multiple programs (or manually enter data)
Step 6. Review data submission and Red Flag Report to check for errors and warnings
- Review Red Flag Report and address any errors or warnings
- Look at each program individually and ensure data was correctly extracted and reported
- Leave a note to explain why any discrepancies or red flags remain
Step 7. View preliminary results for each program
- Click “review for submission” at the bottom of each page
- Use the three-year-averages to ensure data is in appropriate range
- Review Direct Instructional Expense per Student Credit Hour chart
Step 8. Submit data, complete data validation, and finalize submission
- Submit data by January 31
- Data will be reviewed by The Cost Study team
- Receive email that your data has been verified and is complete